Thursday 2 January 2014

Holidays....All about Regrouping

The school holidays are here - well halfway over really.  Hooray to holidays!

No rush in the mornings to get the children dressed and ready. 

No school lunches to make.

No "come on, come on, come on!!!" to meet the deadline of the dreaded school bell and work deadlines.

Ahhhh... you can almost feel the shoulders relaxing as I write this.

I am spoilt, my husband is a teacher, so the holidays for me actually mean handing over the reins to him while I go off to work... nice.

Reflecting back on my year, it has not been quite what I wanted it to be.

I am still struggling to be on top of some things. Some things I have managed to conquer. 

So I am going to use the break to plan.  To breathe.  To re-energise.  To re-group.

I am pleased to say that I have managed to address some issues.  I had some wonderful mentoring sessions with a great friend.  These helped me clarify some of the things I needed and wanted to do and "fix" in my life.

We have had great family times together.  Hubby ran the 10k Brisbane Bridge to Brisbane a year to the day after undergoing open heart surgery.  He continues to heal, inspire and amaze me.

My baby girl commenced "big school" and excelled.  She made friends, learnt to read and generally loved the experience.

My Mr 10 year old continues to amaze and astound me with his intelligence.  Yet, somehow, generally he keeps his ability to mix with everyone and be a gentle, friendly soul, always willing to help teach, inspire and lead.  Still also love his sports and is now a blue belt in Hapkido.

There were sad times too - two of my very dear friends split from their partners.  Devastating.  But seemingly becoming more and more common.  A sign of the pressures of modern times or just more accepted now to admit defeat????

All in all 2013 has been kind to us as a family.  I personally may not have made the progress in some areas of my life that I would have liked, but I feel like I am in a good place now.

My word(s) for 2014???  Commit.  I commit to the things I say I will and want to do.
Slow.  I will try not to rush my children and family through things.
Present. I will try and live in the present.  And learn to breathe before I do anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.... thanks!