Wednesday 7 March 2012

Baby, it's 3am I must be lonely...

......... is that how the song goes?
(warning - this post is a bit rambling and boring - sorry!)

Last time I remember getting up at this ridiculous hour was to breastfeed my beautiful baby girl M2 - who is now almost 4! 
I actually miss that experience and snuggle time.

Today (or is it still tonight?) I just. can't. sleep.  Again.



I don't know the last time I had a really decent sleep.  
Not falling into bed exhausted. 
Not lying there with your brain ticking over the 100s of things 
you need to do tomorrow/the next day/ next week.  

What the children and hubby need for you to organise for them.

The things you didn't get to tick off your "to-do" list at work.



And on, and on it goes.

I have always been a bad sleeper.
 I remember playing cards with my BIL until all hours in the morning.  
They were staying with us between houses, and him not being a great sleeper either, would stay up with me.  Good memories.

So today I am going to have to make a choice.  

Obviously I am going to be tired.  But what mother is not normally?

So here is my plan.


Remember to breath.

Remember to step back and re-frame something if it is starting to annoy me.

Sit here and watch the sun peek out from behind the clouds as another Brisbane days wakes it's sleepy head.

Look forward to catching up with my SIL for a quick bite of lunch at one of my favourite cafes (OK - my favourite:  Flute!).

Know that as my Mum would say ' This too shall pass" and look forward to another new day tomorrow.

So that is the plan.  Well that, and lots of coffee.



Keep smiling, thanks for reading, and I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.... thanks!